Important Notices – July 29, 2014
2013-14 Marketing Year-End
– The J-MAS 2013-14 marketing year ends July 31st. A final Sales Wreck Wednesday will go out tomorrow to close out the year.
– Anyone not signed up for 14-15 will go dark after this date – being removed from all Text and Email lists. We will be resetting the website and re-inviting only those who reply to us through text, email or the website itself, who wish to stay on the mailing list – including all Retail, Reps and Customers – this will also help us verify current email addresses. We will follow this notice up each day until the 31st.
Final 2014-15 Sign-up Deadline
– July 31st also marks the last day of sign-up for the 2014-15 Marketing Program on the OLD PRICING SYSTEM. Anyone NOT signed up but this date loses their grandfathered-in eligibility for our old pricing system.
New AgExpertise Program & Marketing Program Pricing
– The New System divides our old Marketing Program (which averaged $2.00/ac on a sliding scale) into three Programs, which can be purchased separately (as priced below) or in a sliding scale bundle set to average $2.75 depending on farm size).
– All “consecutively” returning customers are grandfathered-in at the old pricing, but that eligibility goes away July 31st if you choose not to resign and all new customers will pay the new pricing.
– With our Weather Station program taking us a further Agronomy notch higher, we are giving away too much free information (insect & disease counts, dry-down strategies, etc) and returns from free Agronomy info have nearly matched the Marketing Program returns themselves – which we value at $25-$40/acre itself. It has been unfair to our Full Agronomy producers. The new pricing scheme allows producers to choose which segment(s) of the old program they desire or a bundle of all three.
—> 1. J-MAS Marketing Program (sliding scale average $1.50/ac) – Marketing password for Website accessing all Marketing Reports, Alerts and Notes. Face to face, phone call, text or email consultation. Real Time Text or Email Recommendations. Subscription to Kostal Ag, etc.
—> 2. AgExpertise Program (sliding scale average $1.50/ac) – Agronomy password for Website accessing Agronomy Reports, Maps, Counts, Tips and Playbooks – essentially all the accumulated expertise of the J-MAS agronomists unique perspective to growing SouthWest Saskatchewan crops. Some limited phone call, text or email consultation on agronomy questions and fertility planning but no scouting or field visits. We will make ourselves available to sit in on purchase meetings where our presence has often adjusted quotes by 1-2% on many prices while we also help to Pre-Book and Pre-Plan the use of key products. Subscription to World Weather Inc and Beyond Agronomy also included.
—> 3. Rotation Rater – due to outside demand, Rotation Rater is a flat $0.75/ac cost. You can be a top level agronomic producer and/or marketing genius but if you are growing the wrong crops you are still breaking even while idiot savant neighbours are tripping over themselves to $75/acre profits. For 7 years, our 3 year rotation has perfectly balanced disease pressure against market flexibility. We have no visible instances of aphanomyces euteiches on any acres subscribing to this rotation for more than 4 seasons.
—> Bundled price for all 3 items will average around $2.75/ac on a sliding scale (about $2.25 large acre sign up) vs $3.75 separately. The costs associated were not set randomly as each cost of each program has granted around a 17:1 return over the last 5 seasons. At a bundled price it’s well over 20:1. We will come out and prove that on paper to anyone.
Fall Report Plan
– With 3 full-time staff members and a 4th in the works, we should finally have the man-power to grind out the full series of marketing and agronomy reports this fall, winter and early spring and still be available for: fertility planning, purchase meetings with producer and their retail, and our other off-season commitments.
Pre-Harvest Primer / Dry-Down Planning Meeting
– Wednesday, August 6th, At Thomson Lake’s Reunion Center – Drydown plans for Pea, Lentil and Chickpea (the only $500/ac agronomy decision you will ever make). Swath vs Straight-Cut Canola plan. Ensuring, Durum is not ripe before your ready.
– Golf and BBQ to follow.
– This is a tentative date, please reply if it doesn’t work for you and we will see what we can do, but the 7th and 8th each have limitations at the park. Full Invitation will be out tomorrow.