*_With another week gone by and too little time to get the New Marketing Plans out (next week, I almost promise), we are updating all sales positions to catch up to the direct rec’s we have made case by case._*
*NOTE – sales in yellow peas today, and Yield Reduction Realignments in Canola, Durum and Pea.
_This text highlights our current New Crop sales positions and targets for each crop._
*drv = deferred ‘real’ value. _incorporates the costs associated with holding grain beyond the harvest month. ($10.00 next Mar is not the same as $10.00 off the combine)._
*#1Canola: $9.92 Sep /$9.92 drv*
– J-MAS is 35% sold at a $10.26 drv
_- liquidates today at a *$10.04* drv_
– analysts 23% sold at a $10.38 drv
_- analysts liquidate at *$10.03* drv_
$$$$ CANOLA ACTION PLAN $$
*YIELD REDUCTION RE-ALIGNMENT by 3 bushels to now be 40% sold a 34bu crop (was 37).* We remain 13 bushels sold. _Target *$10.31* for Catch-Ups._
– We are backing off our crop potential slightly even though there remains plenty of time for a rain to run us well over 40.
– Bean and Canola scores in NA are just fine however and we are not bullish Canola at this point.
*#2 Durum: $6.77 Sep/$6.77 drv.*
– J-MAS 0% sold at a $6.77 drv.
– _liquidates today at *$6.77* drv._
– analysts 0% sold at $6.77 drv.
– _analysts liquidate at *$6.77* drv._
$$$$ DURUM ACTION PLAN $$$$
*Target $7.75 #2AD Sep Delivery on 15% to be 15% sold a 40bu crop.* We are 0 bushels sold. _Target *$7.75* for Catch-Ups._
– Wheat strength in 2017 was one part of our Bullish thesis for Durum, though we by no means thought a drought would be at the forefront of it becoming reality. With HRS under-seeded, the NA 2018 acre battle will be lost by Durum. – Focus is on both ours and a good looking European crop at this moment.
*#2 LG.Lentil: 36.0c Sep / 36.0c drv*
– J-MAS 20% sold at 40.0c drv
– _liquidates today at *36.8c* drv._
– analysts 8% sold at 38.8c drv.
– _analysts liquidate at *36.2c* drv_
$$$ LG LENTIL ACTION PLAN $$$
*Target 38.0c Sep Delivery on 15% to be 35% sold a 24bu crop.* We are 5 bushels sold. _Target *36.5c* for Catch-Ups._ Discount #2MG – 2.5c
Discount to #1SG – 3.5c
– We should be sellers here and will be if we get confirmation of any rain in our geography or dryness to the NW.
– The flip from a Sellers market to a Buyers one, can swing the price of Lentils 40-50c off their highs this year. Many will hold and eat the low 20’s a year from now.
*#2Chickpea: 51c Oct / 51c drv.*
– J-MAS 15% sold at 45c drv
– liquidates today at 50.1c drv.
– analysts 0% sold at 51c drv.
$$$ CHICKPEA ACTION PLAN $$$
*Target 55.0c Oct-Dec Delivery on 10% to be 25% sold a 35bu crop.* We are 5 bushels sold.
– making small sales with very specific contracts that cover some of the quality risks associated with selling Chickpea.
*#2SR.Lentil: 25c Sep / 25c drv.*
– J-MAS 20% sold at 28.4c drv
– liquidates today at 25.6c drv.
– analysts 8% sold at 25.8c drv.
– analysts liquidate at 25.1c drv
$$$ R. LENTIL ACTION PLAN $$$
*Target 27.5c Sep Delivery on 10% to be 30% sold a 27bu crop.* We are 5 bushels sold.
*#2Y.Pea $8.25 Sep / $8.25 drv.*
– J-MAS 0% sold at $8.25 drv
– liquidates today at $8.25 drv.
– analysts 8% sold at $7.44 drv.
– analysts liquidate at $8.18 drv
$$$$ Y.PEA ACTION PLAN $$$$
*Take $8.25 Aug Delivery on 25% and a YIELD REDUCTION REALIGNMENT to be 25% sold a 32 bu crop. We are now 25 bushels sold.* Current Price is $8.25
$$$$ FLAX ACTION PLAN $$$$
*Target $14.50 Oct Delivery on 20% to be 20% sold.
Current price is $12.00.*
$$$$ ETH.WHT ACTION PLAN $$$$
*Target $4.65 on 15% Sep Delivery to be 30% sold.* Current Current price is $4.06.
$$$ HRS WHEAT ACTION PLAN $$
*Target $7.35 #2 on 10% to be 35% sold.* Currently 25% sold at $6.15. Current Price is $6.95.
Call or Text on: SoyBean, Barley, Mustard, or Green Pea..