Week 3 of a new Feature scheduled Tuesdays shortly after Local Best Bids to highlight when “Deferred Delivery” months are at a Premium /Discount to the “Spot” month.
– Below are tables highlighting The “Move” to date for the current marketing year – shaded in Purple.
– They also highlight the closing bid for each delivery period for the 2012-13 marketing year – shaded in Blue.
– Cost of Carry – shaded in Coral – is also calculated for each delivery period and factored in to the “Real” price – column in Green font.
– The best “Real” price currently available is highlighted in Yellow for both the 2012-13 and 2013-14 marketing year.
– Last Week’s and Last Month’s “Real” price is there and also the High and the Low closing prices for the year – used to calculate the current year’s “Move”.
A detailed explanation of how this is put together, why the tables as a whole are important, and the assumptions we are making on Cost of Carry, will be the starting topic for our next monthly Marketing Meeting starting in November. Call or reply next week with any questions in the meantime.